PURPOSES AND MISSION
The purposes for which the corporation is formed is exclusively charitable and Educational within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue law. The HBDA is also an affiliate chapter of the National Black Deaf Advocates (NBDA).
The Corporation's mission is to:
• Provide a forum, whereby. African-American Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing citizens can promote and protect the African-American & Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing cultures and heritages.
• Better inform the community and us about the rights and responsibilities of the African-American Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing citizens.
• Offer opportunities to learn about the machinery of politics through workshops, seminars, networking, and personal experiences.
• Encourage increased leadership development and job opportunities for African-American Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing citizens in the Greater Houston and to realize their full potential.
• Build a network for cooperative action with NBDA.